We've had several spells of sunshine this week so I've managed to enjoy a few hours helping to tidy up the narrow borders around the house. Also the pair of raised beds beside the land drain were looking very messy with a variety of old pots of bulbs that I hadn't managed to sell.
The thousands of bulbs that Parker's of Anwick donated this January have now been potted up, thanks to Reg really sticking at the task, and I have hopefully created a reasonable stock list. The hundreds of pots need to be organised, so clearing the raised beds was a priority, and the oddments will now get a chance to flourish in the soil alongside the "Katherine Hodgkin" irises.
We found a few more stray crocus corms, almost ready to flower, so Reg has put them all into the lawn.
In my last post I mentioned that I have several plants that are currently in bloom. Below are a couple of photos taken for me by Les Binns with his superior equipment. Both of the different coloured Witch Hazels, Hamamelis x Intermedia, appear to be on the same shrub. I should have removed the orange section, as it is from the root stock, and left just the scented sulphur yellow catkins, variety "Pallida", but I rather enjoy the mixture, and I accept that I'm often a bit quirky.